Daily Tour Itinerary
8.25 am: Meet at Redland Bay Ferry Terminal ( 8.50 am on Saturday )
8.35 am: Depart for Karragarra Island ( 9.00 am on Saturday )
10.45 am: Depart for Macleay Island ( 11.15 am on Saturday )
3.33 pm: Depart for Redland Bay ( 3.43 pm on Saturday )
KARRAGARRA ISLAND TOUR
* meet, greet and introduce myself and the islands
* walk along scenic Esplanade to the island’s beautiful community gardens to see and learn great ideas on how to create an organic garden with edible flowers, a shed and a compost, a worm farm and more.
* morning tea will be provided before a short walk to Robyn’s pottery workshop and studio.
* circled return walk to the jetty to catch a ferry to Macleay Island.
MACLEAY ISLAND TOUR
We will drive along the island following the heritage trail and visit local artists and crafts people.
* the historical relics of saltworks, distillery and lime kiln
* Tim O’Shea Wetlands – a protected area with a permanent freshwater hole and a fascinating historical past
* the Tingira Boat Club, the Art Gallery with pottery shed, and the Bowls Club (optional stop for a drink/food to buy)
* short scenic walk along the picturesque road from Dalpura beach to Pat’s Park at the tip of the island.
* drive along the eastern side of the island enjoying the spectacular views
* Corroboree Park and the waterhole (historical significance)
* Perulpa Island – a small island attached to Macleay Island by a road causeway.
2.30 pm – Afternoon tea
A healthy and delicious food platter at a local home with vegetarian and non vegetarian options. ( The timing is approximate and flexible. )
2.45 pm – 3.15 pm Workshop & rest
Copper art class : all material and tools provided.
3.20 pm – Departure for the jetty for Redland Bay ( 3.30 pm on Saturdays )